President, GoodBuzz Solutions
Among Austin marketing firms, GoodBuzz Solutions is the premier boutique founded by Lauren Day who serves as president. Before moving back to her hometown of Austin, Lauren worked five years in Washington, D.C. and was named in 2014 by Red Alert Politics as one of 30 people under the age of 30 that “was influencing conversations and actions inside circles of political power.” As director of external affairs at the Leadership Institute, Lauren built strategic partnerships and oversaw marketing. During her four-year tenure, LI trained 52,000 students and since the 1979 founding a total of 153,000 worldwide.
Lauren has also worked for a Texas Congressman on Capitol Hill, reported on foreign direct investment news at China Briefing Media in Shanghai, China, managed marketing campaigns and business development as the marketing coordinator for an engineering firm headquartered in Texas, coordinated press interviews at Abilene Christian University as a media relations specialist, taught a graphics course for three semesters to 120 college sophomores and juniors at Syracuse University as an instructional associate, and worked at advertising agency—GSD&M—on the SBC (now AT&T) media planning account and at worldwide public relations agency Weber Shandwick Worldwide.
As a sixth-generation Texan, Lauren has lived in four countries and traveled to more than 20. She graduated summa cum laude with a B.S. in Integrated Marketing Communications from Abilene Christian University, receiving the Best Representative of the Year award during one of her terms in student congress and also elected to the Homecoming Queen Court. Lauren completed the public diplomacy program at Syracuse University in New York, where she received a M.S. in Public Relations from S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications and a M.A. in International Relations from Maxwell School of Citizenship & Public Affairs.
• Sixth generation Texan born and raised as a 4th generation Austinite
• Family heritage of entrepreneurship for many generations
• Decade of proven marketing leadership at a political training organization, three universities, the U.S. Capitol, a media corporation, a private engineering firm, with missionaries abroad, and at two worldwide PR and advertising agencies
• Undergraduate and graduate degrees in marketing and communications
• Worldwide perspective from living in four countries and traveling in more than 20
• Membership in Great Hills Baptist Church, Women Communicators of Austin, Northwest Austin Republican Women, Austin Hubspot User Group, & Steiner Ranch Master Association
• Happily married to a Austin cowboy since November 2012!